Thursday, May 9, 2013

God, Don't You Get It?!?!

  "Be quiet, be still, calm down."
  "Um, that's really easy for you to say, you're God. Don't you realize I've got all this money to raise, I can't find a job, I've spent all of my money this month on diapers and I can't even afford to buy myself a new razor? Don't you know I'm tired, I've got no one to help me with this baby; and I feel like I am a terrible mother for being so stressed out lately? Don't you realize the only viable job opportunity I've found at the moment is a full time nanny job, where I'll be making less than nine hundred dollars a month? How am I supposed to pay for a mission trip, plus my monthly needs, on that?! God, don't you GET IT?"
  " WHO has the raise this money? Don't you remember? I'm in control, I have a plan, and I provided a job possibility where you won't have to leave behind your precious baby every day. Money, amounts, are NOTHING to me, my child."
 "Oh. Right."

 That would be a good representation of the conversation I've recently held with my savior as I had a minor breakdown. I've been so tired. So stressed, so full of doubt that I won't get the money I need for this trip. I've felt like sticking my head in the sand. I've felt like a less than awesome believer, and I've just felt so overwhelmed and close to giving up. I've just felt like the enemy is hurling all his ammo my way, and I'll never pull this trip off.

  And guess what. I won't. I can't. I give up.

  But God will. He can. He's got it. My God provides. My God restores. My God encourages. My God is good.

  When I'm at the end of my rope, He provides something for me to grasp on to, because He's so kind guys. He doesn't have to do that. He could just expect me to toughen up. Get over it. But He doesn't. He holds me. Encourages me. Provides for me. And most of the time.... okay, all of the time... I don't deserve it. He only has to reassure me like every day. How patient our God is!!

  Just wanted to share, guys. Take a load off :)

  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment